Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I was bowled over...

...by this...

See that lovely soft green cowl around my neck?  It was a gift from a fellow knitter, Mary, who lives in Toronto and I've only met through e-mail and her blog... 

and she even put a sneak peek of it on her blog a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even know it was for me!  And I'm fairly certain it's her hand-spun yarn...and it's so soft and warm and gorgeous that as soon as I pulled it out of its packaging I knew I had to wear just the right thing to show it off today.

Thank you so much, Mary.  I know, because I've been reading your blog for a while now, that you put loving, healing thoughts into this cowl. That you put the energy into it that will help me through all this hurtful time we're "slogging though."

Your generosity is amazing, and I appreciate it, and will wear this with pride.


3 comments:

  1. It looks great on you Leslie! And I hope it does help a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does help a lot! I'll share with mom when I visit at Thanksgiving and get it back from her when I visit at Christmas...very thoughtful of you to have something we can share like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap, I love knitters, I really do. I was telling my friend about how fantastic they are today at lunch. (He does woodworking, so I felt like he semi got it). It's a lovely gift that you look lovely in :) Happy Knitting Leslie!

    ReplyDelete